Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
Action Research of Developing ConstructiveMathematical Curriculum for Young Children
constructive math curriculum for young children;action research
|Issue Date: ||2011-05-23 16:35:02 (UTC+8)|
This study was through action research to investigate how a teacher of “Hua-Hua Kindergarten (anonymous)” in Kaohsiung city developing a constructive mathematical curriculum for young children, and how children’s mathematical ability change and progress.
Nowadays mathematical education for young children have been paid much attention, but been neglected as well. Even mostly teachers used paper-drilled exercises or manipulating educational material for young children to learn Math. In this study, the researcher adopted the view of integrating curriculum, and utilized a children picture book of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland as a theme topic, extended and connected math questions to the regular life situation, and discussed with children. Moreover, in the process of action research, the researcher constantly self-reflected and planed, revised, and implemented strategies to lead children to think and discover, and the important thing was to draw forth their interests and curiosity in Math. During the study, the research collected and examined children learning files, observation records, worksheets, audio-visual data, daily logs and interview data in order to deeply understand the process of developing constructive Math curriculum. The results of this study were as follows:
1. Teachers could construct the thematic-web of Math curriculum for young children in advance, but maintain flexibility during instruction
2. The goal of Math curriculum for young children should draw forth children’s interest, curiosity and positive learning attitude in Math.
3. Math curriculum for young children should connect to life situation and draw forth children’s interest, in order to make children have a meaningful learning.
4. Teacher played a major role in developing constructive math curriculum for young children.
5. While proceeding constructive math curriculum, teacher could assist children with whole-group, small-group and individual instruction to satisfy every individual’s need.
6. Action research helped teacher to reflect their teaching and empower themselves.
Keyword: constructive math curriculum for young children, action research
|Appears in Collections:||[兒童與家庭服務系(所)] 博碩士論文|
Files in This Item:
All items in STUAIR are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved.