The Study of Leadership Styles, Role Pressure, Job Satisfaction and Turnover Intention-based on the Accountants of Kaohsiung Municipal High School
The accountants of schools, in the process of carrying out administration of expense, play a role of managing, balancing, coordinating, making good use of resource, verifying and listing the expense, precluding abuses, getting to the point, reporting the achievements, being moral and clean-handed, administrating according to laws. However, few related discourses use accountants at schools as an object of study. Besides, in recent years, because the democracy has been formed and the local chief administrative officers have been elected by the public, the type of leadership styles have changed and the accountants of schools are under the pressure between playing a role of carrying out expense and being assistants of impelling school administration. This way, they lack satisfaction in their job and are tend to leave their job. According to the above reasons, the method of colleting information is questionnaire which is aimed at the accountants of Kaohsiung Municipal schools in 2004. The total number of delivering questionnaires is 216, while the number of retrieving questionnaires is 148. The rate of available retrieve is 67.57%. The study is about the related factors of the role pressure, leadership styles, job satisfaction and turnover Intention-based on the accountants of Kaohsiung Municipal schools. The following is the result of the study.
1. There is no apparently difference in gender, marriage and age in every area. The satisfaction at work has great influence on the turnover intention. The seniority of service has great impact on the satisfaction at work. The average of monthly income has great effect on the satisfaction at work and the work reward.
2. The vaguer the role of accountants in school is, the lower the type of initiating structure is and the higher the type of consideration is; the higher conflict of the role of accountants is, the higher the type of initiating structure is and the lower the type of consideration is.
3. When the pressure of accountants is higher, the job satisfaction is lower and the turnover intention is more apparent.
4. If the leader tends to be type of consideration, the satisfaction of work reward would be higher, while if the leader tends to be both initiating structure and consideration, the satisfaction of relationship about the career surroundings will be higher.
5. If the leadership styles tend to be initiating structure, the turnover intention would be higher. On the contrary, if it tends to be type of consideration , the turnover intention would be lower.
6. The more reward of work the accountants get and the better career relationship they have, the lower the turnover intention would be.
7. Role pressure and the leadership styles will have an indirect effect on the turnover intention through the job satisfaction.