Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
The investigation of crisis management and commuvication strategy of the military－Taking the military plane crash incident as an example
Military news;Crisis management;Interaction with the media;Communication strategy.
|Issue Date: ||2011-05-23 13:39:20 (UTC+8)|
|Abstract: ||摘 要
The military is part of the government. With its enormous organizational structure and the complexity of the works involved, after gaining tens of years of experience, the military has sufficient experience and corresponding measures to deal with important news. However, when facing critical negative incidents, the military, still stubbornly following its pass experience, lacks systematic and scientific organization to handle the pressure of public opinions. Its corresponding measures can not become standard methods, inconvenient for work experience to pass down or for education to propagate. The motivation of our research is based on the crisis managing theory and the propagation and communication strategies. By analyzing the two military plane-crash incidents in 2007, we discuss how crisis handling organizations exercise their managing principles and communication strategies under the pressure of precarious circumstances. In addition to basic data analysis and the study of the different report orientations, news sources, and comment types between different newspapers, we investigate the communication functionality of the Ministry of Defense through extensive interviews with military ex-spokesmen and senior reporters of Apple Daily News, Liberty Times, China Times, and United Daily News, in order to understand whether the communication strategies provide any actual effect.
In the conclusion, we construct “the military crisis communication strategy model” by referring to documental investigations and interview results. The following 12 tactics are executive guidelines for the military when facing crisis:
1. Reacting as a team and taking control of the whole situation are first priorities.
2. Collecting genuine information and being truthful are keys to sincerity.
3. Mastering time limits and reacting practically are indications of efficiency.
4. Speaking cautiously and being consistent in speech are signs of good credit.
5. Acknowledging the core concepts and replying appropriately are operational principles.
6. Monitoring the news and establishing topics are guiding mechanisms.
7. Uniting tactics and reforming public impression are excellent repairing measures.
8. Inspecting, pacifying and considering the human nature are responsible conducts.
9. Rapidly clarifying untrue accusations is a corrective strategy.
10. Revealing the cause and apologizing sincerely are unchanging verities.
11. Utilizing the internet and propagating widely are essentials for dissemination.
12. Respecting the media and interacting healthily are routes to eternal management.
|Appears in Collections:||[經營管理研究所] 博碩士論文|
Files in This Item:
All items in STUAIR are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved.