An announcement, made by General of Budget, Accounting, and Statistics, Executive Yuan, profile the Taiwan government employee retirement in which indicates the average discharged age is 28.7 and with a downward trend. As a prime of life, serviceman who leaves military in this age is steady, perseverant, and the most experienced. Comparing to the age of common labors who have to work for twenty years or due sixty five years old, the discharged servicemen still have more than thirty years of productivity so that they need to launch their career as early as possible. This research namely quotes Bandura(1986) social cognition theory and the Maslow demand level theory, and unifies the population statistic variable to discuss occupation of choice which origin true influence retired personnel, and as a reference in the future.
The goal of this study which is based on social cognition, social demand is to probe the noticeable factors that influence retired personnel to choice a new vocation. Through the study, intend to make some recommendations for the personnel who is going to face the subject. Specifically, there are several purposes in this study:
1. Discuss the relevance between population statistic variables and occupation choice. Population statistic varieties include age, marital status, rank, economic situation, seniority, and education level etc. the degree may caused.
2. Understand the troop’s profession, accept the branch level type organization culture, the environment, facing the multiplication after retires from the armed services works and has the different organization culture, known as self-potency, goal approval height to of influence occupation choice.
3. Discusses the individual demand in demand theory to determine the goal which is affected by the occupation choice in the different stage, situation, and time expect.
The main object of this study is the active personnel serving in the Joint Logistics General Storehouse, sends out questionnaire 192, recycles 192, the returns-ratio 100%, effective questionnaire counts 158, the effective questionnaire rate 82.29%, as soon as the recycling completed , encoding and registering to the effective questionnaire, useing the descriptive statistics, reliability, the single factor variety, typical correlation analysis and so on, after the material analysis result, demonstrating:
1. Population statistic variable:
This research sample has following characteristics: the age take 41 years old above as most, accounts for 34.2%; the marital status take married as most, accounts for 51.3%; the rank of master sergeant below as most, accounts for 48.1%; the financial circumstance take 35,000-45,000 NT. as most, accounts for 38%; the work period of service as most by 5 years below, accounts for 36.7%; the education level – from high school to university as most, accounts for 62.7%.
2. No remarkable difference between social cognition and population demand theory in statistic variable.
3. Age, marital status, rank, and work period of service has the difference and the rest of population statistic variable and occupation choice without remarkable difference.
4. Social cognition and demand theory:
This research confirms the social cognition and the demand theory related, by the canonical correlation model society cognition self-potency overlap coefficient is 59.927%, also the explanation quantity reaches as high as 94.62%; the lower demand level, the stronger intensity, higher level belonging to psychological element, its requirement endless. (Xu Shijun,1999)
5. Social cognition and occupation choice:
This research confirms the self-potency and the occupation choice related by the canonical correlation model society cognition self-potency overlap coefficient 5.827%, also the self-potency explaining the quantity reaches as high as 72.82%, proofing mutually with the Albert Bandura(1977) theory.
6. Demand theory and occupation choice:
In this research confirms the demand theory and the occupation choice related by self-realization, respect demand, social demand, security requirements of the canonical correlation model demand theory.This research demonstrated occupation choice not only the basic physiological demand but also other factors, the self-realization most really, meaning the perspective consideration to the professional is far more than physiological demand.
The conclusion of this research account for some variables such as age, marriage, rank, and seniority is affected notably. Further more, self-potency of the social cognition is highly affected within the correlation analysis of social cognition, demand theory, and occupation choice. Social cognition may be used to the discussion of external factor which affect the behavior through self-potency and solution-expect. There are several recommendations as the reference when take job: 1)