Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
Factors Affecting Willingness to Retain in Army for Voluntary Soldiers－Job Value, Job Satisfaction and Organizational Commitment
TSAI MING YUAN
Job value;job satisfaction;organizational commitment;retaining willingness
|Issue Date: ||2011-05-23 13:38:34 (UTC+8)|
By 2014, the “Mercenary System” will be used for high professional and qualified soldiers recruiting due to the modulation of national defense personnel. However, there is an important issue which is to retain the voluntary soldiers in the national army. In order to save the training costs of voluntary soldiers, this study investigated the job value, job satisfaction and organizational commitment of voluntary soldiers for their willingness to retain in the army. The research findings would provide suggestions to improve their retaining willingness. This study surveyed voluntary soldiers in Chinese Army Engineer School (CAES) including the engineer troops in training base. A total of 427 (94.89%) valid sample out of 450 questionnaires was obtained. The data was further analyzed by Analysis of Variance and Regression Analysis and the following findings were concluded.
1. Female voluntary soldiers are more satisfied with their compensation than male solders.
2. The satisfaction level about job autonomous, social status, promotion, compensation, sustaining commitment and regulation commitment of the voluntary soldiers with 4 years seniority is higher than those only with 2-4years or bellow 2 years seniority.
3. The leader and subordinate relation and employment security of job value significantly affect retaining willingness of voluntary soldiers. Work content, compensation, chance of promotion and the ability of superior are also significant factors of job satisfaction. Besides, the emotional commitment in organization commitment also significantly influences soldiers’ retaining willingness.
4. Based on the above analysis, some suggestions for the managerial department about voluntary soldiers are as follows.
(1) Pay attention on the empowerment and responsibility to improve the cooperation
and coordination mechanism.
(2) Teaching voluntary solders to learn how to take responsibility and create sound promotional mechanism.
(3) Enhance unification and organizational loyalty.
(4) Improve caring and advisory assistance and organizational spirit education.
|Appears in Collections:||[經營管理研究所] 博碩士論文|
Files in This Item:
All items in STUAIR are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved.