Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
Process of Multicultural Education in the Lower Grades of Elementary School
multicultural education;the lower grades of elementary school;new residents
|Issue Date: ||2013-05-24 16:32:56 (UTC+8)|
The purpose of the research was to explore the process of multicultural education into curriculum in primary school, the students’ performances after learning and the researcher’s self-growth and reflection.
The qualitative approach was adopted in this study. Multicultural education into the course of life field lasted for 9 weeks with a total 18 class periods, which introduced the cultures of Indonesia and Vietnam, for elementary students in lower grades. After analyzing the classroom observation and related documents, the research findings are as followed:
1. Multicultural education into curriculum could be supplementing the textbooks.
2. After the curriculum, students improved their knowledge, skills and appreciation on the multicultural education.
3. Inviting foreign mothers to participate in class could enhance cultural appreciation for each other with respect.
4. Implementing the multicultural curriculum in Southeast Asia could be helpful for new residents' children to recognize and to approve the culture identity of their mothers. They were glad to share their life with confidence.
5. Teachers should enrich the multicultural education relevant teaching knowledge, and improve their multicultural literacy.
|Appears in Collections:||[兒童與家庭服務系(所)] 博碩士論文|
Files in This Item:
All items in STUAIR are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved.