Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
Sexual Self-Efficacy, Sexual Risk Behaviors, and Resilience of Sexually Experienced among Medicine and Nursing College Students in Taiwan
朱元祥(Yuan-Hsiang Chu);林燕卿(Yen-Chin Lin)
Sexually Experienced Adolescents, Sexual Self-Efficacy, Sexual Risk Behaviors, Resilience.
|Issue Date: ||2012-03-22 14:45:09 (UTC+8)|
Sexual health of adolescents is now a globally concerned public health issue in particular the sexually experienced adolescents getting infected with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), sexually transmitted infection (STIs), and unplanned pregnancy; Adolescents, under the intimate relations development stage, are easy to have sexual behaviors with the temptation of external environment and peer influences. But they seldom consider about sexual risk behavior and its influences on physiological, psychological, and social development. Therefore, the objective of this research was to explore the relationships among sexual self-efficacy, sexual risk behavior, and resilience of sexually experienced adolescents of medicine and nursing college in Taiwan.
The objects of this research were the sexually experienced adolescents aged between 16~20 years old of medicine and nursing colleges. The study used a cross-sectional and correlational research design based upon the structural questionnaires design including demographic data, sexual self-efficacy scale, sexual risk behavior scale, and resilience scale. A total of 1,265 questionnaires were sent out with 1,017 returns, the return rate was 80.4%. The study selected 241 questionnaires that revealing “sexually experienced” from the valid questionnaires and made statistical analysis by applying statistical methods such as descriptive statistics, and Pearson product-moment correlation.
The major findings of this study revealed that:
1. The average age of sexually experienced adolescents of medicine and nursing colleges in Taiwan were 17.2, and the average sexual partner numbers were 1.7. In general, adolescents scored higher in both items of sexual self-efficacy “I don’t have sex with stranger easily” and “when I was forced to have sex with he or she, I could turn he or she down”; but scored lower in both items of sexual self-efficacy “being with he or she alone, I could resist to have sex behaviors” and “I will bring condoms along with me for any occasions”. In dimension of sexual sex behavior, Adolescents scored higher in two items, there were “I believe that I can contact the juices of sex partner directly when having sex behavior” and “I think there is no necessity to use condoms between two persons in love”. In the dimension of resilience, adolescents scored lower in two items, there were “sexual experience made me feel good” and “sexual experience made me feel scared”.
2. Adolescents with stable sex partner took precautions against sexual diseases than those with no stable sexual partner. In addition, the sexual risk behaviors of sexually experienced male adolescents were significantly higher than sexually experienced female adolescents.
3. Adolescents who drank alcohol or took drug had higher sexual risk behavior than those who didn’t drink alcohol or took drug significantly.
4. Adolescents with different number of sexual partners had different resilience, especially in the adolescents with one sexual partner scored significantly higher resilience than those with two or more sex partners.
5. There was a significant correlated between sexual self-efficacy and resilience. Adolescents with higher sexual self-efficacy had better resilience; sexual risk behavior was highly related to resilience.
Based upon the results above, the study suggests that the medicine and nursing colleges should enhance sexual education to promote the sexual self-efficacy and resilience power, should promote substance use prevention; and should also strengthen the consciousness of sexual risk behavior of sexually experienced adolescents.
|Appears in Collections:||[人類性學研究所] 博碩士論文|
All items in STUAIR are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved.